Week Eight Non-fiction comics (6 points)

 In this week's assignment, we visited the Non-fiction comics. this is genera of comics that came to tell a different side of the story. this type of comics is taking advantage of the visual possibilities of comics to tell a story in a way more appealing way. mostly this type of comics come as historical events that were written down first and then they were transformed in a more visual way making use of the panels that comics provide. also, they can be used as biographical forms of storytelling. one example of this is this week's main story "KING" we will be visiting the life of Martin Luther King jr and the many points that built him as a very influential figure that changed the story.

my experience reading king was a little bit different from what I expected. I think one of the main appealings of the comics is the right usage of the graphics to tell a story, and in this case, I felt the comic came out short in visuals or skill of the artist to make it interesting enough. I understand that MLK is a very important figure for America and the history of the fight against racism but honestly, I lost interest after the first half of the comic. I didn't find his figure as interesting or revolutionary as I expected and the art didn't give me the tools I needed to make it more likable.

with this in mind is still think that the proper usage of comics in any type of biography will definitely improve the quality of the information and it will be reaching way more audiences than just having a written book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eleven Graphic literature (9 points)

WEEK 3 the comic strip (4 points)