Week twelve women making comics (7 points)( 1-7 issues)

 In this week's assignment, we visited the topic of women making comics. as many traits created by humans before being a comic artist wasn't something that was easy for women. it was a world ruled mostly by men who were very close minded even jealous at some point to let women participate in art.

this week I chose to read the 7 issues of the lumberjanes, it is interesting to know I bought one of these comic books in one of my visits to Barnes and Noble because I felt attracted to the comic cover. I never really finished because I stopped at probably the 4 pages finding the dialogues very annoying and difficult to get interested in. it wasn't before this class that I actually committed to read all of them and develop an honest opinion about this type of representation of woman in comics.

I have to say that my opinion about this specific comic is that I completely and utterly hate it. is one of the worst representations I ever seen of how to develop characters and deliver a good story. it is poorly drawn and also very poorly written, the usage of stereotypes and cliches makes the whole comic feel cheesy and not believable. I was truly desiring to like this comic because I see it as a very successful representation of new literature more lay back and relaxed for young people. but honestly, i felt the bar set really low for this one and I attribute the majority of its success to the trending and the hype of readers interested in LGBT materials. I will try to keep reading more material with the hope of redeeming these genera but so far I left with a very sour feeling and a little bit disappointed with what some of the popular topics can do to comics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Eleven Graphic literature (9 points)

WEEK 3 the comic strip (4 points)